Halycon Education is headed by Anna Bateman.
With over 24 years’ experience in education as a teacher, trainer, consultant, and Interim Executive Board member, Anna has gained a fantastic understanding of pedagogy, school improvement, leadership and what works.
Anna is passionate about placing prevention at the heart of every school, integrating mental wellbeing within the curriculum, school culture and systems. Through this work, students have the opportunity to learn skills and techniques to cope with modern day pressures alongside their academic studies.
Over the last 10 years Anna has worked with and transformed 100’s of primary and secondary schools and identified that there are predominantly two problems facing schools and school leaders:
- Schools have an ad-hoc approach to mental health issues and find themselves reacting to crises and fire-fighting as problems arise
- Schools have lots of ideas and know where they want to be with their schools’ mental health, they just don’t know where to start or how to get there
If your school fits into both or either of these categories, then it would be beneficial to talk to us at Halcyon, to discuss the methods and plans needed to put in place a whole school approach to mental wellbeing.
Halcyon Education has worked with the Children’s Society over the last few years – the quality of their work, particularly the ability to engage frontline teachers and senior leadership teams in schools is impressive – they are at the forefront of work to improve emotional and mental health in schools.
Anna operates at the forefront of new initiatives for mental health in schools. She has unquestionable passion to drive these forward to the benefit of schools, school leaders and of course pupils and students. She is a member of the advisory group for the Department of Education, advising them on their mental health green paper.
Mental health credentials and CPD
Anna is wholly committed to updating her knowledge and understanding around resilience and mental health and annually attends relevant conferences and training days. She is also:
- An accredited facilitator for the Academic Resilience Approach (Young Minds)
- Youth Mental Health First Aid Trained
- A licensed PATHS trainer (promoting alternative thinking strategies)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Trained (ASIST)
We work with a number of educational establishments as well as charitable organisations that support young people.
Recent clients include