Welcome to the Academy for Mental Health Leads!
The Academy is about developing confident outstanding Mental Health Leads, giving you tools, ideas and strategies to put actions into place and put mental health and well-being at the heart of your school.
- an ad-hoc approach to mental health issues reacting to crises and fire-fighting with issues
- having lots of ideas, but not knowing where to start or how to get there
- Gain a complete understanding of the role of the mental health lead, to know what to prioritise and how to confidently and strategically lead your school
- Be able to undertake a whole school audit of current practice, write an action plan and monitor progress
- Know how to use the school’s current resources, assets and curriculum to improve outcomes for children
If you would like to chat about the course – click here to arrange a call:
Anna actively listens and has been an integral part of supporting the school to prioritise actions, which has led to whole school improvement.DHT Feb 2019
- Course Content
- Key Features
- Costs and Application
Based around the current Government and OFSTED guidance, including PSHE good practise guidelines for teaching mental health and emotional wellbeing. It features all the elements of 10 steps to a Mentally Healthy School.
The course will cover 3 core themes:
- Mental health and resilience context.
- Curriculum and great subject knowledge
The Designated Senior Lead for Mental Health role
Auditing, tools to implement straight away. Hints/tips to get the best evidence
Action plan writing including prioritising for your school context, and a sample action plan
Leading change, aiming for excellence
Importance of vulnerability data, how to collate and tools to use
Current research and evidence on risk factors to mental health
Screening all students and spotting the signs
Pyramid of Need, vulnerability and alignment to attainment
PSHE and wider curriculum and the role of prevention
The PSHE lead and the mental health lead
- 12 week online training:
- Audit and monitoring tools. A ‘toolkit’ of documents and work book which includes the following:
- Coaching call with a Mental Health coach
3 hours in total and can be undertaken in your own time
The online course will be available to access for a year following the start of the course
Audit and monitoring documents
PSHE curriculum mapping
Sample screening tools
1 x 45 minutes over the 12 weeks
Ongoing email support – 12 weeks
Facilitated by a Mental Health Coach
The course is £420 and we offer a payment plan to spread the cost over 3 terms, so you will receive an invoice at the beginning of each term.
You can get started at any time during the term, we will just invoice you when you start, and then again at the beginning of the following 2 terms. Access to the training will be available for a year from purchase.
For more information and to apply, talk to a member of the team: Schedule Appointment