Tools for leadership development
The role of the senior mental health lead is complex. Taking care of the needs of pupils and staff, as well as leading your team, provides daily challenges that need you to be confident, organised and calm in the face of pressure.
This requires enlisting the help and ‘buy-in’ of all your staff, governors, and even parents and pupils, as you strive to create a positive mental wellbeing culture throughout your setting.
Our one to one leadership development coaching takes you through all the steps you need to confidently lead including:
- Developing a strategic plan and vision
- Providing a sounding board and a critical friend with someone external to the school to whom you can talk and share your specific experiences and challenges
- The opportunity to talk to someone who is supportive, knowledgeable in the challenges you face, with the experience to guide and compassion to listen
- Providing practical steps to identify solutions and the actions to take
- Analysis of your current systems, policies and documentation, to ensure you are organised, and have a complete understanding of the mental health needs throughout your school.
- Time to reflect on what’s working, and what isn’t in your setting
What might a typical coaching session look like?
Our one to one sessions can take place on an ad-hoc or more regular basis, depending on your needs. The first session will allow us to get to know one another, and to gain a better understanding of your specific role, challenges and concerns.
We go on to tailor the sessions to address these issues so that you leave with a clear plan and the self-assurance to lead your team with clarity and confidence. Any future sessions will include assessment of your progress so far, making adjustments if necessary to plans and processes.
If you would like to find out more, please book an initial 20 minute consultation, free of charge, via email or book using the following link:
What our clients say;
In my role as Senior Assistant Head Teacher, responsible for Personal Development/Mental Health Lead, I have had the pleasure of working alongside Anna Bateman for the past 4 years.
Anna has strategically guided our school in improving and ensuring that our mental health provision across the school is wholly effective. I can not praise enough how valuable Anna’s expertise, insight and approach is with all matters linked to mental health. Anna’s support and guidance has also contributed significantly to our promotion of pupils’ wider personal development which was reported by Ofsted as extremely effective – “Leaders place as much emphasis on personal development as they do on academic excellence”– Ofsted October 2021).
Every colleague in our school who has had the opportunity to work with Anna is wholly positive about working with her. Anna radiates warmth and positivity in all that she does.